- Direct accounting operations to comply with generally accepted accounting principles
and oversee financial activities to ensure they fall within funder regulations and agency
- Advise senior management on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital
investments/pricing/contract negotiations/significant costs/benchmarks, etc.
- Lead complex financial/risk analyses to develop budgets and propose the best course of
action to ensure financial plan is in consistent with the organizations strategic business
- Serve as a liaison with all funding sources and independent auditors to ensure
compliance with funding source rules/regulations/applicable laws and meeting
contracts administration/funders requirements for grants
- Develop internal control guidelines/policies/procedures for budget accounting/cash &
credit management/administration, etc.
- Monitor consistency between contract budget and actual expenditures
- Lead implementation of new/modified accounting systems (i.e.
computerization/procedures/forms) required by the funding source
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year work experience in nonprofit budgetary accounting &
application/management/closeout of governmental Head Start/Early Head Start grants
- Strong financial research/analytical ability
- CPA required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran